This week is Kansas Ag Week. I wanted to share a few fun facts with you.
- Agriculture is Kansas’ largest industry
- Agriculture accounts for 26.4 percent of the manufacturing in Kansas, 28.1 percent of the wholesale, 14.5 percent of retail sales and 21.1 percent of exports.
- A Kansas farmer provides food for Americans and people in 102 different countries around the world
- The average U.S. Dairy cow makes 16,000 glasses of milk per year – enough for 40 people!
- One bushel of wheat makes 73 one-pound loaves of bread
- Farmers and ranchers care for their land because they will pass it to the next generation.
- 22 million Americas work in the Agriculture industry; less than 2% of the population
- In 1940, 1 Kansas farmer fed 19 people. Today, 1 Kansas farmer feeds 155 people
- Bees in Kansas produce more than $1 million worth of honey a year
- Kansas has the second most cropland of any state with 28.2 million acres